Wednesday 23 June 2021

Stained Glass/ Sweetie Wrapper Nails

Hey everyone! Couldn't really decide what to call this one so I've gone for two things it kind of reminds me of. I'd had the idea of digging out my ILNP Spring 2018 metallic collection again to try a pattern, so when the latest Nail Addicts Collab theme was announced as patterns I had to give this one a go! I tried to create a pattern with the colours as I went across the nails with the colours too but it didn't entirely go to plan.

I started with a base of Soft Focus from Polished for Days. This is a good natural base and I wanted to have something there underneath the decals as I know I can't layer them up for opacity! For the decals I used Mo You London's Crystal 01 plate and the advanced stamping technique, you can see how here. I feel like planning the colours had an almost mathematical element to it which is probably why I struggled with it! Still, overall I'm happy with this look. You can't really see it in these pictures but it really sparkled in the sun!

Colours used: Hi-Fi, Blueprint, Fun House, Short Circuit, Checkmate, Sugar Coated - All ILNP, Black Stamping Polish - Dance Legend, Soft Focus - Polish for Days 

2 comments: