Wednesday 13 October 2021

90's Rave Skeleton's!

Hey everyone! Today's Glam Nails Challenge prompt is skeletons. There are many things I could have gone for here but for one reason or another a colourful 80's/90's pattern came to mind! I'm thinking of the kind of thing you'd see on Saved By The Bell but on a black background. The skeletons here look very still but I reckon they dance when I'm not looking! :D

I started with a base of black (polishes listed below the pictures) and then used the Halloween 13 stamping plate from Mo You London to add skeletons on each nail in silver. Once done I applied the same images again on each nail in white, over the top but slightly to the side of the silver skeletons to leave a sort of shallow. This didn't work as well as I'd hoped to be honest, so after the first one (the thumb) I aimed to get the white more over the top of the silver. Next I used a small nail art brush, a dotting tool and some bright Cirque Colors neons to add some shapes around the skeletons on each nail. I finished the look with a matte topcoat.

I like these, I think they're fun and a bit different, but I do think they could be a bit neater - my freehand is not the best! I've enjoyed them though and I'm glad I did them.

Colours used: Lady In Black - OPI, Foil Effects in Silver - Barry M, White Stamping Polish - Rainbow Connection, Electric Daisy - Cirque Colors, Vitamin D - Cirque Colors, Game Over - Cirqie Colors, High Roller - Cirque Colors, Miami-Dade - Cirque Colors

No comments:

Post a Comment