Wednesday 20 October 2021

Ghosties!

HelloOOooOo! Spooky ghosts today for the latest Glam Nails Challenge prompt. I was keen to try out Black Rainbow by Fancy Gloss again and decided this would work pretty well for some pretty ghost nails. I've seen a few lovely ghost themed nail looks on Instagram with other things around the ghosts and a clear base, so I decided to try something similar but where the base will change from pale to dark.

I started with a peel off base coat and a couple of layers of Black Rainbow, before using various images from Mo You London's Halloween 09 stamping plate and some metallic polish to dot them around my nails. I also added some bats from their Halloween 13 plate. I then made some ghost, candle and potion bottle decals using the same two stamping plates, you can see how here. I stuck these over the top and then added a top coat. I had liked the way it looked pre top coat so added a matte top coat over the top to complete the look which I think was the right decision.

I really like these, they came out well and it's just the sort of look I was going for. Only bit that didn't work so well was the ghost on my thumbnail. Unfortunately I must have smudged the image when adding the white polish as when I peeled up the decal I saw it was smudged, sadly I did not have the time or patience to make another one!

Colours used: Black Rainbow - Fancy Gloss, Black Stamping Polish - Dance Legend, Floral Street - Nails Inc, Foil Effects in Gold, Silver & Lilac - Barry M, If You've Got It Haunt It - UberChic

No comments:

Post a Comment