Sunday 10 October 2021

A Haunting in the Nailyard

Hey everyone! It's that time of year again,.. Halloween nail art is back! Some people have started way earlier than me so I've had plenty of inspiration! My next few nail art looks (including this one) will correspond with Glam Nails challenge prompts and then I'm hoping to squeeze in a couple of other Halloween looks right at the end of the month. I thought of this look while on holiday and was super excited to try it out!

I started with a base of white nail polish (colours listed below the pictures) on most nails, and three coats of dark orange glitter on my little fingernail. I then added one thick coat of black thermal top coat to the white nails and waited a while for it to dry. Once dry I used black stamping polish and the Halloween 13 stamping plate from Mo You London to add the grave, cat and mushroom images. It was a little hard to see where I was placing them! I then used white stamping polish to add some ghost images from the stamping plate, again a little tricky to place but it went well! 

I've included pictures of the nails in different temperature states. I think it looks best in black but the colour changing aspect with the graveyard scene is a great fun addition! I kind of hoped the ghosts would disappear against the white background but the thermal top coat does have a tint to it so you can see them, but I can't complain - I am rather pleased with this look! Also really love the orange glitter :)

Colours used: Floral Street - Nails Inc, Black Thermal Polish - Fancy Gloss, Winifred - Enchanted Polish, Black Stamping Polish - Dance Legend, White Stamping Polish - Rainbow Connection

No comments:

Post a Comment