Sunday 24 October 2021

A Spooky Night in the Nail Forest...

Hey everyone! Today's nail art is another Glam Nails Challenge prompt and probably the last one I do this month. The prompt is 'spooky night sky' which is quite frankly awesome! I've seen so many gorgeous designs for it already as I thought I would! 

I started with a layer of green and then created a gradient over the top using blue and green. I topped this with Holo Taco's Flakie Taco to create a sort of starry night effect. I then used Mo You London's Halloween 13 and Noel 06 stamping plates to create the haunted forest scene. If you look closely on my thumb nail you can see there is another layer of trees behind the black ones - but unfortunately it didn't show up very well! My nails have got so long now that I misjudged my plans for the wolf nail and had to add an extra ghost so it wasn't too empty!

I have mixed feelings about this design. The gradient came out better than I expected and I'm pleased with the background colours, they're good fun and not too dark for the images to stand out. However I think I should have planned the images a bit better and I'm not sure the silver polish works that well in the look. I think they're fine but definitely not spectacular like some spooky night nails can be!

Colours used: Audacious Green - Accessorize, Cyan - Barry M, Flakie Taco - Holo Taco, Grey - Barry M, Foil Effects in Silver - Barry M, White Stamping Polish - Rainbow Connection, Black Stamping Polish - Dance Legend

No comments:

Post a Comment