Friday 8 October 2021

A Dark Sky in the Country Nails

Hey everyone! One more autumn nail look before I move onto the Halloween nail art - OooOOooh! This look was inspired by the Lake District in the UK and the countryside at night. I did make a bit of a blunder with this one, as I will explain, but they definitely grew on me!

I started with a base of vibrant blue (a pretty fun start in my humble opinion!) and then made decals using my Uber Mat (see how here). I used the Fall In Love 10 plate from Mo You London (same plate as my last design), which has so many wonderful autumn and generally nature themed images. On the website they have created this look with some blue polishes and I love it so thought I'd create something similar with slightly different shades of blue. I did slip up by leaving the black stars and moons in my decals. I meant to take them out and add them to my nails in yellow. I thought I'd correct it after but couldn't as the decals are placed on my nails with the images in reverse, so stamping over the top on my nails the positioning would be all wrong! I could have made more decals but didn't have time.

So to start off these felt like a bit of a flop but as time went on and the vibrant colours kept catching my eye I've grown to rather like them! I also do really love these images!

Colours used: King Tut's Gem - Jessica Polish, Black Stamping Polish - Dance Legend, Skyline - ILNP, Silver Lining - Barry M, White Stamping Polish - Rainbow Connection, Laguna - Barry M, Greenberry - Barry M, Indigo - Barry M

No comments:

Post a Comment