Tuesday 18 October 2022

Bats in a Pastel Storm

Hey space turtles! More Glam Nails Challenge nail art to share today. This time the theme is bats. I was inspired by salad.dressed on Instagram who was inspired by someone else for these so it's a popular look for recreation! I liked the idea of the swirly background for the bats as it's a bit different to other Halloween looks. The look I saw had more of a smokey effect but I wasn't sure how to do that so did fluid nail art instead.

I started with two regular polishes and a 'spot it' effect nail polish and added blobs on my Uber Mat before squishing them together with a stamper. Once dry I added a clear coat and once that was dry I peeled them off and applied them to my nails, trimming round the edges with a metal tool. I used a layer of Soft Focus from Polished for Days underneath to give it a base for any gaps in the colour. Next I used black stamping polish and Mo You London's Halloween 17 to add bats and stars, and then a dotting tool to add some extra details.

These look a little messy round the edges in the pictures(not as noticeable in real life!) but I like them a lot. They look like bats in a pastel storm - spooky!

Colours used: Soft Focus - Polished For Days, Take the Cake - Painted Polish, Counting Candles - Painted Polish, Spot It White - Dance Legend, Black Stamping Polish - Dance Legend

No comments:

Post a Comment