Saturday 29 October 2022

Spider Web Chic

Hello spooky space turtles! Some quite belated Glam Nails Challenge nail art to share today as I've been away with very patchy internet. The theme for this look was spiders and I decided to use a few different web images and try sheer black polish with glitter underneath for a glamorous spooky look.

I started with a peel off base coat and then added two layers of silver glitter topper. Once dry I added a layer of sheer black to each nail. For the images I used spider webs from Mo You London's Halloween 16 and 17 stamping plates. I didn't add any spiders but did include a glamorous spider lady on my thumbnail! As this dried I used a nail art brush and some black polish to carefully add an outline to each nail, trying to keep the thickness consistent. I finished the look with a glossy top coat.

I'm so pleased how how these came out. I must admit I'd meant to add a spider but forgot to bring the right stamping plate with me on holiday. However as it turned out I think adding the spider would potentially make them a bit too busy, I really like them the way they are. The outlines are possibly the neatest I've done and I'm pleased with how consistent they are. I love how the glitter shines through. Only thing I'd maybe (and only maybe) change is to add some colour to the spider lady. Really pleased with the way it all came together and how they look on long nails. I think sheer black with an outline is perfect for Halloween. So overall as you can tell, I love them!

Colours used: Diamond Glitter - Barry M, Coal - Fancy Gloss, Black Stamping Polish - Dance Legend, Lady In Black - OPI

No comments:

Post a Comment