Monday 31 October 2022

Ghosts of Unusual Proportions

Happy Halloween! The nail art I'm sharing today had many nail fails in the process which I suppose is fitting for Halloween! I do like the design itself though. I am still loving the nail art I've currently got on so decided for my final Glam Nails Challenge this month I'd use false nails. This is where the first issue came in... the theme was Graveyard but you may have noticed there is no graveyard here! I had planned to do a graveyard with glowing ghosts but couldn't find my glow in the dark top coat. In the process of deciding what to do I managed to forget it was a graveyard theme and think it was ghosts, so I did the ghost theme twice!

I decided to try some fluid nail art with a few different Spot It nail polishes, but after doing it I thought it probably wouldn't work for the design I wanted to add. This was the second nail fail. I used the remaining false nails for the final look but that meant I was left with quite miss-matching sizes which didn't really fit my nails.

I started (again) with a nude base and then two layers of purple flakie polish. I then used my Uber Mat to create some decals of ghosts and a castle, and added the cloud and moon images directly onto the nails (all images from Mo You London's Halloween 17 stamping plate). Once (nearly) dry I added the decals to the nails and applied a glossy top coat. This is where the next fail came in. The decals weren't entirely dry yet and as I manoeuvred one of the ghosts it folded and stuck together so I couldn't unfold it. I actually think it's not obvious, but on one nail you're not seeing the whole ghost!

Colours used: Atomic - Cupcake Polish, Black Stamping Polish - Dance Legend, White Stamping Polish - Rainbow Connection, Celestial Silver - Barry M, If You've Got It Haunt It - Uber Chic Beauty, Key Lime - Barry M

No comments:

Post a Comment