Monday 19 September 2016

Fruity Holiday Nails

Starting off with a picture off the mess I made making this nail design, as it ended up being so colourful and pretty! I ordered a new Halloween plate recently from Mo You London as I was owrried it would go out of stock, and just couldn't resist grabbing this fruit one while I was there. I've had my eye on it for a while and really love it now it's arrived. This design was only meant to be a practise/ experiment but turned out so well it ended up being my holiday mani for our week in Venice.


My inspiration came from Instagram where I'd seen someone using a stamping plate to put pretty gradient patterns over a pale background. I thought I'd give it a go with the fruit theme.I started with Barry M's Coconut as my base colour. It's a nice cream so slightly less bright that using a full on white. I'm nearly at the end of the bottle now so it was a bit of a challenge!

For the gradients I wanted something really bright so had a root through some of my Barry M's and Nails Inc's, I'm pleased to say they stamped very well. I tried to get a bit of a blend by moving the scraper slightly from one side to the other, while using it for a few strokes rather than just one, to remove the excess polish from the stamping plate. This meant that the colours could blend/mix a little in the middle. I got better at it as I went so you can see there is a bit of variety in gradient quality here! Below is the final result with no top coat.
My favourites are the blue/green citrus and the pomegranate/pineapple (below left). I would definitely do this design again, and definitely recommend this type of stamping. It's fun to do and the results are so colourful! It would work with a wide range of different patterns too. Colours used are listed at the bottom of this post. Thanks for reading :)
Colours used: Coconut - Barry M, Guava - Barry M, Pomegranate  - Barry M, Blueberry - Barry M, Cyan Blue - Barry M, Key Lime - Barry M, Warwick Way - Nails Inc, Papaya - Barry M, Seven Dials - Nails Inc, Holland Park - Nails Inc, Raspberry - Barry M

No comments:

Post a Comment