Saturday 28 January 2017

Lollipop Lava Lamp Nails

Hi everyone! I'm back with another bright January manicure. This was an experimental one and while it was fun it didn't quite turn out as I would have liked. I've had two of Barry M's lolly gloss polishes sat in my collection for months and months, somehow never getting round to using them. I'm a big fan of OPI's colour paints and a sheer blue polish I have, so I knew I'd enjoy using these sheer polishes too.

I started with two layers of polish on each nail, and then used a nail art brush to paint on some blobs based on pictures of lava lamps. I got one for Christmas when I was about nine, and it still works! Admittedly I rarely use it but I do rather like it. One dry I painted another coat of sheer polish over each nail. This blended the colours a bit which I think is where it went wrong, the colours bright jelly like look is great for lava lamps, but I think the 'lava' needed to be in a more contrasting colour.

Finally, I used silver polish at the top and bottom of each nail to give them  a rocket lava lamp look. One other thing to mention about these 'lolly gloss' polishes is that they are scented! I certainly wouldn't choose a nail polish just because it's scented but it's a fun novelty. Initially the smell was quite sickly sweet, but once the nail polish element of the smell faded away about it was quite good, I think it smelt like fruit squash.
Colours used: Purple Drop - Barry M, Cherry Drop - Barry M, Soho Silver - Nails Inc

No comments:

Post a Comment