Saturday 2 September 2017

Sparkling Lemons

Hi everyone, happy Saturday! I'm so very glad it's the weekend and wishing we had another bank holiday! So the sun is shining here in the UK so it's a good day for fruity lemon nails. I particularly like lemons for summer nail art, and blue is my favourite colour to pair them with, I like the contrast.

For these nails I started with a base colour of off white (colours listed below the pictures) , and then painted a couple of layers of sheer-ish blue over three nails on each hand. The white makes the colour stronger, and with it being slightly sheer adds some depth. For the lemons I created decals on my Uber Mat. I used a nail art pen to draw the lemons and leaves, and then coloured them in using a dotting tool. For the leaves I used a sheer green over silver. The yellow is from Cupcake Polish's sweets collection, and is absolutely wonderful! It's super sparkly, I've got a red from the collection to try still and am struggling to resist buying more of them!

I like this nail art, particularly the blue and yellow polishes, but I don't think the lemons were as good as they could have been. Oddly I've done better lemons as freehand, which is unusual for me! You can see them here. If you've not quite had your fix of lemons and nails today, you can also see some more lemon nails here!
Colours used: Cream Soda - Barry M, Mirajane - Zoya, Princess Lolly - Cupcake Polish, Nail Art Pen in Black - Barry M, Turquoise Aesthetic - OPI

2 comments: