Tuesday 12 September 2017

Tropical Tuesday: Fresh Fruit

So some time ago when I'd just started this blog, and had a big backlog of pictures to use, I did a weekly 'Tropical Tuesday' with various brightly coloured tropical themed nail art ideas. I've not been so good this year, I've had way less tropical themed manicures, but at least I can squeeze one in before the weather gets cold!

My inspiration for this nail art came from Wah Nails on Instagram. They did a lovely design with peaches over pale purpley glitter. I considered doing peaches on all my nails, but decided to go for more variety, sort of fruit machine style.

To make these I drew the fruit onto my Uber Mat, coloured them in with nail polish and a dotting tool, added clear polish, and then peeled them off to stick onto my  nails. I had real diffuclty as I used a nail art pen to draw them on, which had gone a bit funny. It was taking so long to do them that the outlines started to dry and crack a little, you can see that on some of the picture below.

So overall I think these are OK but not majorly successful. The peaches came out best so I think I should have stuck to them!
Colours used: Nimbus - Illyrian Polish, Nail Art Pen in Black - Barry M, Passion Fruit - Barry M, Dead Heat - Barry M, Peach Melba - Barry M, Seven Dials - Nails Inc, Marylebone Road - Nails Inc, Papaya - Barry M

No comments:

Post a Comment