Saturday 30 June 2018

Purple Explorer Nails (what to call these?!)

Hey everyone! I'm excited as today I'm off to Cambridge for a long weekend with my boyfriend to celebrate 5 years together. I've been up in good time to finish off my nails (they're looking tropical!) so thought it was a good opportunity to do a bit more catching up on my blog. This design features two purples from Avon which were given to me for Christmas by my friend Emma. They're pretty colours, I particularly like the paler muted one, and I liked the consistency too.

I started with a base of puprle alternating the base colour as I went along. On the darker purple I stamped images from the Mo You London Explorer 14 plate in gold directly onto my nails. I like the size of the images as a lot of my stamping plates have images that are a bit on the small size as I've been keeping my nails long. On the paler purple nails I used the advanced stamping technique using my Uber Mat, to get a bit of the darker purple into the patterns as well. To see how I have a little picture tutorial here.

I'm pleased with how these turned out and was glad to use the Explorer plate again as I've had  it for ages. Let me know what you think :)
Colours used: So Jelly  - Mark (Avon), P819 - Mark (Avon), Foil Effect in Gold - Barry M

No comments:

Post a Comment