Thursday 28 June 2018

Sharpie Flutterby Nails!

Hello everyone - hope you're enjoying some sunshine! I still so behind with nail things, this one feels like it was ages ago! Still working through my untried polishes and this is my first use of Kitty, a sparkly blue polish from Picture Polish. I saw a design on Instagram with some butterflies alongside blue nails and thought I'd give it a go myself.

On my middle fingers I used butterfly wing images from Mo You London's Kitty 12 plate which I covered over with a clear top coat and then coloured in with sharpies. Initially I tried the usual approach of mixing with some nail polish remover on foil, and then painting it on with a brush, but I found that some of the colours I chose were a bit pale for that. Turns out colouring directly onto the nails with sharpie works well too! There were some lines visible but taking a tiny bit of polish remover on a brush I could gently smooth those out.

Once all dry I covered the butterfly designs again with a clear top coat to seal the image in and stop the sharpie parts rubbing away. Overall I like this design, especially the colours, though I possible wish the images were a little bigger/longer.
Colours used: Kitty - Picture Polish, Floral Street - Nails Inc, Midnight Mischief - Painted Polish, Assorted Sharpies

No comments:

Post a Comment