Tuesday 31 July 2018

Tropical Tuesday: Leafy and Bright

Hi everyone! Please help me think of a better name for this post... Today's nail art is simple but I am quite pleased with it. The only bit that didn't quite work out was the flower image on one of my thumbs not quite coming out right.

On my middle fingers I used a layer of gold metallic polish (colours listed below pictures) followed my sponging on some gold glitter. My thumb and little finger nails have floral images from Mo You London's Tropical 07 stamping plate. On my index and ring fingernails I started with a white base and then some leaf images from their Tropical 10 plate. I used a gradient technique for this with two Barry M polishes. I find this surprisingly easy to do as you can blend the colours a bit by swiping the card across the stamping plate a few times.

Definitely tempted to try more leafy designs. I think they make good accent nails and leaf patterns seem to be around a lot at the moment on clothes and things.
Colours used: Floral Street - Nails Inc, Flip Flop Fantasy - China Glaze, Key Lime - Barry M, Spring Green - Barry M, Bright Lights - Barry M, Million Dollar Dream - Fun Lacquer

No comments:

Post a Comment