Sunday 14 October 2018

Stamping Sunday: Autumn Drinks

Hey everyone! The sharpies are back! They often come back into my nail art around autumn as among my hundreds of bottles of nail polish I don't have many autumnal shades. Had some small mishaps with this but it came out OK in the end!

I started with a base of off-white, and then stamped on some leaf images from the Uberchic Lovely Leaves 01 plate and the hot drinks cup image on their Bottoms Up plate. I had a bit of trouble with blurring on some of the drinks images, as you can see in the pictures. I think it was caused by a few things but fortunately it's not kept happening so hopefully it was a one off!

Once the images were dry I put a quick dry top coat on to protect them from the nail polish remover mixed with Sharpie ink. The Sharpie's I have are from a mixed pack which I think had an 80's theme. I picked some greens, browns, oranges and reds. I mixed the ink from the sharpies with nail polish remover on some foil using a small brush, and then painted onto the images. It's quite a time consuming process as the ink dries fast.

Once it was all dry I finished off with another layer of quick dry to coat. I like the autumn feel of these nails, but they did turn out a little messy and are possibly just not very me. I felt like they were missing something - probably glitter! I have just re-done them with something more shiny and fun so looking forward to sharing those with you. TTFN!
Colours used: Cream Soda - Barry M, Cocoa - Barry M, Assorted Sharpies

No comments:

Post a Comment