Monday 27 May 2019

Negative Space Spots

Hello world! Something simple and a bit different on my nail blog today. I've been seeing loads of negative space nails on Instagram lately, particularly ones with a pattern over bare nails, rather than just gaps in a design. There are a couple of accounts I follow which use this style a lot (and very well) so not 100% sure if this is a big trend at the moment or if it's just what I'm seeing in my Instagram feed!

As my nails are a tad yellow I used a base colour but a very sheer one to still give the natural look. I used two coats of Barry M's Mani Mask in Birthday suit. It's a very sheer pale pink which dries matte. I use it on my toenails sometimes, it's really good for hiding imperfections but looking natural too. Once dry (and it dries pretty fast) I used a medium sized dotting tool to apply spots in four of Barry M's Molten Metal shades. I have 8 but I think these four which were released at the same time work particularly well together (colours listed below the pictures).

It took some time to get used to seeing my nail line so clearly, but I do like these. It was a good way to test the negative space look without doing anything too complicated. I expect I will do it again. I think any longer and it would look a bit weird with too much white space, but my nails grow pretty fast so I'll just file them down a bit when I want to do this.
Colours used: Mani Mask Birthday Suit - Barry M, Celestial Silver - Barry M, Crystal Blue - Barry M, Antique Gold - Barry M, Pink Luxe - Barry M

No comments:

Post a Comment