Sunday 12 June 2022

Jellyfishing Jellyfishing Jellyfishing

Jellyfishing, jellyfishing, jellyfishing! Because if you can add a Spongebob quote you always should! This is some nail art I did for the Glam Nails Challenge on Instagram, and of course the theme was jellyfish. I decided to use one of my Mo You London Atlantis plates and sheer polish to add some depth, and then add the jellyfish on top with some glitter.

I started with two coats of sheer blue (colours listed below pictures) before adding a seaweed image to each nail with white stamping polish (Images from the Atlantis 04 stamping plate). I then added another layer of blue followed by another seaweed image. On the two nails which wouldn't have jellyfish on I repeated this one more time, and then added a little silver glitter above the seaweed. In the meantime I was using the jellyfish images from the same plate to create some decals (see how here) using reflective polish to make them really stand out. I finished the look with a glossy top coat.

I'm pleased with how these came out and they've definitely grown on me over time. I think a base layer of something to distract from the yellow of my nails would have been an improvement. However these are very me and I love the way the reflective glitter makes the jellyfish look! Pictures below in regular lighting and with flash.

Colours used: Flipper - Urban Outfitters, White Stamping Polish - Rainbow Connection, Balck Stamping Polish - Dance Legend, Flavour of the Week - Emily de Molly, Diamond Glitter - Barry M

No comments:

Post a Comment