Tuesday 28 June 2022

Whaley Big Mountains

Hey everyone! More Glam Nails Challenge nail art to share with you today. The theme for this one was whales. I wanted to do something a bit different to the last whale nails I did (which I loved!) for some variety and went for a night sky vibe. Stamping plates used were Mo You London's Sailor 18 and Atlantis 02.

I started with two coats of dark blue jelly polish and while it was drying made some decals on my Uber Mat of whales and mountains, you can see how here. I then added some stars and moons in silver and a rippling water image in light blue. Once dry I added the decals over the top, and added a whale nail in the water on my ring fingernail. I finished the look with a glossy top coat, and then tried matte. I love matte looks but I think I like this best glossy.

I am pleased with the look in some ways however it came out a lot darker than planned. The base polish runs a but which doesn't help. It made the stars look purple and the images blend into the background even more. The pictures are under good lighting but in some lighting it's hard to see the design.

Colours used: Indigo Ink - Nail Paint Palette, Black Stamping Polish - Dance Legend, Little Bo Peep - Rimmel, Grey - Barry M, Can't Find My Czechbook - OPI, Cream Soda - Barry M, Foil Effect in Silver - Barry M 

No comments:

Post a Comment