Wednesday 15 June 2022

Seahorses in Seahouses

Hi again! Back with another Glam Nails Challenge theme of Seahorses. I wore these on a trip to the coast in a place called Seahouses hence the name of this blog post. I had a couple of stamping plate options for seahorses but decided to go with Mo You London's Atlantis 02 plate with it's lovely layered images. Usually I'd put the central feature on the middle two nails but decided to switch it up a bit this time and have the seahorses to one side.

I started with two coats of blue glitter (which was fortunately quite opaque as I didn't have any sponges with me for the sponging technique) over a peel off base coat. I then added the first layer of all the images I planned to use in white, adding the coloured layers second and black at the end where necessary. The seaweed images aren't layering ones but I used white underneath them anyway to help them stand out. I really like how that worked on my thumbnail.

I'm pleased with these. They are definitely my kind of colour and my kind of theme! I could have got the layering better for the seahorses but it's not that obvious. Enjoying wearing them :)

Colours used: Twinkled - Enchanted Polish, White Stamping Polish - Rainbow Connection, Acai Smoothie - Barry M, Grey - Barry M, Cyan - Barry M, Bright Purple - Barry M, Black Stamping Polish - Dance Legend

No comments:

Post a Comment