Tuesday 21 June 2022

What's Kraken!

Yo ho! This nail art is for Sunday's Glam Nails Challenge prompt which was Octopus. I was inspired by some black socks I have with an orangey red octopus design. Initially I was planning to replicate the socks a bit more and do a matte look but as I got started I was tempted by glitter - surprise surprise! I used Uber Chic's Mermaid Life 02 stamping plate for all images in this look.

I started by applying three coats of sparkly black (very slow drying this one!) and while these were drying created some decals for the octopus/kraken tentacles on my Uber Mat. These took longer than usual as after the red and yellow I added a layer of white to go underneath and make them stand out against the black background. I made three decals and on the other nails stamped a couple of images directly onto my nails. I'm particularly pleased with the wording as it came out so clearly and with a slightly wavy effect which was happy accident!

Pleased with these overall. They are quite thick with all the layers of polish but that's fine :)

Colours used: Thunder and Lightning - Models Own, White Stamping Polish - Rainbow Connection, Black Stamping Polish - Dance Legend, Yellow - Barry M, Pear Drops - Models Own

No comments:

Post a Comment