Tuesday 14 June 2022

MerFail Nails

Hey everyone! Got a bit of a nail fail to share today but I'm sharing it anyway! This is some nail art from a few weeks ago now. I was inspired by some butterfly nail art I saw on Instagram where someone had layered up some white images over some metallic purple ones. I decided to try and replicate the look using mermaid themes from the Bundle Monster Twi Star stamping plate.

I started with a few layers of sheer purple (colours listed below pictures) and then added mermaid scale and water ripple images in metallic purple. Once dry I added more individual images over the top in white stamping polish. I think a combination of the polishes I used and the images meant that there wasn't really enough contrast between the colours and it made the images look a bit more blurry and harder to focus on. I wasn't all that happy with these and took them off after only a few days.

Colours used: Haze Jelly - Cirque Colors, Foil Effects in Lilac - Barry M, White Stamping Polish - Rainbow Connection

No comments:

Post a Comment