Monday 18 July 2016

Farnborough Air Show: Aeroplane Nails!

Hi everyone! Hope you had a great weekend. I am very sun burnt after mine! After a trip to Portsmouth to see friends on Friday night/ Saturday, I spend Sunday with my boyfriend at the Farnborough Air Show. So of course it was the perfect excuse for some themed nail art! I haven't done freehand for a while as I've been stamping a lot lately, so I enjoyed having something different. I find it can be more rewarding sometimes as it takes more effort to create!

For this design I started with a Nails Inc 'latex' pale blue, I like the strength of the colour, the matte/latex effect really brings it out. I then used a small nail art brush and some grey matte nail polish to paint plane outlines on my thumbs and ring fingers. I looked on Pinterest for some aeroplane outlines and chose the ones I thought I could do best! I then used a cotton bud and some cream polish to dab on some clouds. I'd never tried the cotton bud technique before, it is absolutely perfect for clouds! My design was matte already but I finished off with a matter top coat to seal in the black outline (the pens can have a tendency to rub away otherwise).
Colours used: Bermondsey Street - Nails Inc, Easy Peasy - Topshop, Nail Art Pen in Black - Barry M, Coconut - Barry M

Below you can see my nail planes meeting their idols! I couldn't manage to get any while the planes where flying, I'd need an extra hand!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment