Tuesday 18 September 2018

Holiday Nails - Origami with Tattoos

Hey everyone! Got some holiday nails to show you today, just before I go off on holiday again! :D Just got to get through those last couple of days of work... These are from my week in Shropshire a few weeks ago with my boyfriend and his family. I took the opportunity to try my temporary hand tattoos from Mo You London, and as they are origami themes I used my Origami 05 stamping plate also from Mo You London.

So I was pretty impressed with how  easy the temporary tattoos were to apply, even those that went round my fingers I could easily hold in place with the cloth while applying. They didn't last very long once on (just a day before there was significant wear and tear) but I think that's to be expected. I liked them so much I ordered more of the same design so I can do this more often :)

For my nails I tried out some of my new polishes from Cirque Colors Desert Bloom collection. I had resisted these when they came out originally but temptation got me in the end! They really are beautiful. They're not quite colour shifting but each one had an essence of another colour that runs through it and shimmers.

For some of the images I stamped them directly onto my nails in black and white, but for an accent nail I made a couple of decals using my Uber Mat, you can see how here. I wanted to soften the bright white background on those nails a bit so once my decals were in place I used a dotting tool to add some spots around the origami dragon and centaur.

Overall I was very happy with these, hope you like them too!
Colours used: Earthen - Cirque Colors, Floral Street - Nails Inc, Taos - Cirque Colors, Fata Morgana - Cirque Colors, Dusky Skies - Cirque Colors, Midnight Mischief - Painted Polish, White Knight - Mo You London

No comments:

Post a Comment