Saturday 1 September 2018

Farnborough Air Show Nails 2018

Hi everyone! Long time no see! I've been away and had hoped to catch up with some blogging but that didn't happen in the end. This nail art is from a month or so ago at the Farnborough Air Show 2018. This is the second time we've been and again the weather was hot (we remembered sun cream this time!) and there was lots to see. Highlights for me were the wing walkers and the helicopter. Can't say I'm ussually that fussed about helicopters... but this one was an aerobatic one and the stunts it did looked impossible! I also enjoyed the red bull air racing display.

At the 2016 Farnborough Air Show I did some plane and sky nails which you can see here. I prefer the 2016 ones to be honest but these are still fun! Previosuly they had done some displays with some older planes and smoke in red white and blue, so I used that as inspiration for this year. For the planes on my thumb I was inspired by a picture my boyfriend took at the previous show. I didn't manage them as neatly as last time though which I think is due to all the nail stamping I've been doing, and the lack of freehand!

I used a small nail art brush and black polish for the planes. For the smoke on the thumbnails I used a small brush and the dry brushing technique where only a small amount of polish is kept on the brush to give a rougher effect. I enjoyed this nail art as it's something a bit different and it was fun having a specific inspiration and to be appropriatetly decorated for the event!
Colours used: Dead Heat - Barry M, Baker Street - Nails Inc, Cream Soda - Barry M, Lady In Black - OPI,  Dragster - Barry M, Lancelot Place - Nails Inc
 Here are my nails at the airshow enjoying the planes!

No comments:

Post a Comment