Friday 21 September 2018

Porcelain plates on my nail plates

Hello nail people! Todays nail art is something I have been so pleased with that I've had it on for nearly two weeks and it's still going strong! (growing out a little though) I ordered one of the new procelain plates from Mo You London while I was away in Shropshire and then went round a country house full of porcelain bowls and plates so was even more inspired to use it! I had been considering buying some stamping plates with Asian style patterns so when this plate came along it was perfect.

So I wanted to go for that classic look with the blue patterns you see on plates and bowls (reminds me of my Grandma!). I started with a couple of layers of Essie's Waltz which is a sheer white polish, and then used the cracked procelain image in grey nail polish. It's a really good image to have to build up that procelain effect as it looks like all those fine lines that older bowsl and things end up with, maybe it's the glazing cracking or something? I can think of lots to do with this image.

Next I added a few more layers of Waltz, to soften the lines of the grey polish. Once dry I chose my five favourite images from the plate, and stamped them onto my nails. I was impressed with how well this blue polish stamped. I wavered a bit on what to do with the top coat but settled on shiny as I think this is the most porcelain like. Hope you like them as much as I do!
Colours used: Waltz - Essie, Grey - Barry M, Indigo - Barry M

No comments:

Post a Comment