Sunday 16 September 2018

Stamping Sunday: Recreating Past Nail Art

Hey everyone, happy Sunday! I'm feeling rather under the weather today so won't be doing much. Just a bit of preparation for going on holiday in a week, can't wait! Please excuse the fuzzyness of some of the pictures below! These are the only ones I took and as this nail art is now off I can't re-try. I also think my nails are a bit too long in these pictures. This length looks good on other people but as mine are quite narrow I'm not sure how well it works. I've filed them down a bit now.

This nail art is very similar to some I created for my friend Jess when she was going to a wedding. You can see them here. I think the colours worked well for a summer wedding and the beautiful rose gold Halycon from Cirque Colors finishes it off nicely. I think this worked better on Jess than me, mostly for the reasons mentioned above.

For this nail art I started with a pale pink base and then used images from the Mo You London Doodles 01 plate (love it!). For some nails I stamped the images directly onto my nails, and for others I used my Uber Mat to create decals and fill in the gaps with a bit of darker pink (colours listed below the pictures). I think I am going to try this design again some time with blues or purples instead of pink, and using Halcyon's twin polish Idyllic for the accent nail.
Colours used: Pink Lemonade - Barry M, Acai - Barry M, White Knight - Mo You London, Halcyon - Cirque Colors

No comments:

Post a Comment