Wednesday 28 August 2019

Watermelons, hooray!!

Hi everyone! As you can tell from the title today's blog post has a fruit theme. I did this nail art while away in Shropshire with my boyfriend and his family, so it brings back fond memories. It was a bit hit and miss but I'm really happy with the way it turned out. I was inspired by @pinkyconspiracie on Instagram, who used the watermelon pattern from the same stamping plate over a similar style of sequin creme polish. I only have one sequin creme polish as it's not my usual sort of thing, and I wasn't sure how well the stamping would show up over it but it worked well :)

For my thumb and ring finger nails I decided to add even more watermelon with the Mo You London Tropical 10 plate. I particularly like the way it came out on my thumb. As I was printing the other watermelon images over a white-ish shade I put white under the green for these ones too to keep consistency between the colours. The small watermelon images are from the Maniology MO28 Fruit Deco plate, it's one of the layered images, I was really impressed with how well it worked. It's definitely quicker than advanced stamping where you have to wait so long for it to dry.

On my middle finger nails I used some stickers from a nail sticker sheet I got from my boyfriends brother and his girlfriend, when they travelled to Japan. It's a shame there were only two of the Hooray stickers as I rather like them. I couldn't resist pronouncing it Hoo-Ray while I was wearing them! Strangely placing the stickers was what I found the trickiest part of this look!
Colours used: White Stamping Polish - Emily de Molly, Key Lime - Barry M, Forest Green - Mo You London, Passionfruit - Barry M, I Refuse To Be Invisible - Ellagee

No comments:

Post a Comment