Saturday 3 August 2019

Snazzy Snake Print Nails!

Hi nail people! Hope you're having a good weekend. I am feeling nice and relaxed after a couple of days off, Thursday to be a bridesmaid at my bestie's wedding, and Friday to chill out and go for afternoon tea with a couple of friends. The nail art I'm sharing today is not from the wedding, I was in a lilac dress so this wouldn't have gone with it! It's from a week or so ago and was my first use of the new Uber Chic Wild Luxury/ Cold Blooded stamping plate. I was inspired by an umbrella I had a few years ago and was quite fond of. It had a grey snake print pattern and a neon yellow round handle.

I started of with a base of pale grey (colours listed below the pictures), then chose a couple of images from the Wild Luxury plate, and stamped them onto my nails in grey. Using the same images and black stamping polish I applied the images again, slightly above or below the grey pattern, to give it some more depth. For the neon triangles I used my Mo You London Holy Shapes 03 plate. I took one of the images and each time I stamped it I removed any of the lines around the triangle shape from the stamper with a dotting tool, before adding them to my nails. As there was a dark background, I stamped it in white stamping polish first, then the neon yellow afterwards. Finally I finished it off with a matte top coat

I was pretty pleased with how these turned out though they were a bit messy on my left hand, so if I do it again I'll try and neaten up the images a bit before stamping. I have some more ideas in my mind to try with the Wild Luxury stamping plate so hopefully will be sharing those soon. Thanks for reading!
Colours used: White Hose Street - Nails Inc, Grey - Barry M, Midnight Mischief - Painted Polish, White Stamping Polish - Emily de Molly, Daisy - Cirque Colors

No comments:

Post a Comment