Tuesday 30 July 2019

Taking the weather with you nail art!

Everywhere you goOo, always take the weather with you! Or the weather forecast anyway! I was super excited to get my hands on the Uber Chic Forecasting Glam stamping plate recently, and this is the first thing I did with it, a full set of accurate (at the time) weather forecast nails!

I started with a base of Cirque Colors' Luna, which is gorgeously summery but also changes colour so seemed appropriate for weather nails. For the nail art for once I actually didn't use the advanced stamping technique! The stamping plate has an image for the cloud colour as well as the outline of the clouds and the days of the week, so I was able just to stamp these directly onto my nails bit by bit. For the sunshine I coloured in with yellow nail polish and a dotting tool once the images were already on my nails. The pictures below show the full set with some of the colour variation, they were mostly blue as the weather has been warm!

Scroll all the way to the bottom for the thumb nails and something extra!
Colours used: Luna - Cirque Colors, Midnight Mischief - Painted Polish, White Stamping Polish - Emily de Molly, Yellow - Barry M

Below are some additional images from the stamping plate which I used on the thumb nails. I was really pleased with how they turned out and think the base colour was perfect! As I neared the end of the week the forecast changed a little, to predict storms for the Saturday. This was not ideal as I was off to see some outdoor theatre, however I was keen to try out the storms symbol on my nails! I did therefore re-do the Saturday nail towards the end of the week.

As you've probably gathered I am really pleased with how these turned out! Some of my most complimented nail art so far - they were a great novelty!

No comments:

Post a Comment