Wednesday 10 July 2019

Underwater Nail Art - Pond Mani Variation

Hey nail people! Today I have some rather aquatic nail art to show you. Again from a while back, this one was something I was planning to try for quite some time. I was inspired by a picture I saw on Clear Jelly Stampers Instagram page to try more pond style nail art (where you layer up images under sheer polish) with a sea creature theme. It didn't quite turn out how I wanted but I still liked it. I'll explain how I did it and what I'd have changed below.

I started with a white base, followed by a couple of layers of sheer blue (colours listed below the pictures). To follow I used images from my Mo You London Doodles 07 plate, stamped in white on all nails. After another layer of sheer blue I applied some decals which I'd made using the same stamping plate and my Uber Mat. I finished off with a shimmery top coat which you can't see very well in these pictures, but I liked the subtle sparkly effect.

I think I should have layered these up a bit more, with some spots, followed by sheer polish, then the white patterns, then more sheer polish, before the final see creatures on top. It would have given it more depth and made the blue a bit brighter. Still enjoyed it though - I love things with sea creatures on!
Colours used: Floral Street - Nails Inc, Flipper - Urban Outfitters, Key Lime - Barry M, Spring Green - Barry M, Grey - Barry M, Papaya - Barry M, Harp On It -  Color Club, Notting Hill Carnival - Nails Inc, Wardour Street - Nails Inc

No comments:

Post a Comment