Friday 9 August 2019

Bridesmaid Nails!

Hey everyone - happy Friday! Today I have some very special nail art to show you. It's special as it's the nail art I did to go with my bridesmaid dress for my best friends wedding last week! It was a truly magical day and I loved being a part of it! The only thing I would have changed would be to make it go on for longer, but I was pretty tired by the next day! The bridesmaid dresses were a sort of lilac shade, full length with lace at the top and a flowing skirt. I carried white flowers (which you can see in the bottom left picture below) which is why I decided to go for white rose accent nails. I also chose roses as I was wearing Rose Quartz from Cirque Colors - it's not my usual sort of colour but it is rather lovely!

After a base of three coats of Rose Quartz, I applied the decals I'd made on my Uber Mat, you can see how to do this here. I used the Mo You London Flower Power 03 stamping plate for the roses. When applying to my thumb nails I cut the decals in half first to spread the roses out a bit, as the images are designed for shorter nails than mine. I finished off with a glossy top coat, which I topped up again the evening before the wedding, as I did do these a few days before, in order to focus on doing the brides nails the night before!

I'm really pleased with how these turned out, as I've said before they're not my usual kind of look, but I think they worked well for the occasion and went nicely with my dress. I was originally planning on doing something more holographic (Soft Focus from ILNP) but I think Rose Quartz turned out to be the perfect wedding shade, as it's subtle but still sparkly! It was on my mind as I was excited about the new Cirque Colors Facets shades (mine arrived yesterday - will be reviewing them on the blog!), so thank you to Cirque Colors for releasing new polishes at such a convenient time!
Colours used: Rose Quartz - Cirque Colors, Black Stamping Polish - Rainbow Connection, White Stamping Polish - Emily de Molly, Someday ILNP

No comments:

Post a Comment