Wednesday 23 October 2019

Haunted Forest Nails

Good evening and happy Mole Day! Got something Halloweeny to show you today as we're getting close! I was inspired by @themermaidpolish on Instagram, who did some pretty purple nails with a stars, forest and howling wolf. I decided to do something similar with some Halloween stamping plate images I have. For the base I did a shimmering gradient with a couple of shades of purple from A England. Due to the stamping I don't think the gradient was that clear on all of my nails which is a shame.

For the graveyard, haunted house and bat images I used Mo You London's Festive 16 plate, using a dotting tool to remove excess bats from the stamper when placing the bat images above the trees. I used Uber Chic's Woodland Chic plate for the forest and tree images, and there was a small contribution from the Mo You London's Gothic 10 plate (I added some birds to the thumb nails to try and make them a bit less Christmassy... not entirely sure it worked!). The only thing I did additionally to the stamping was to create a full moon using a dotting tool to carefully create a circle, I'm quite pleased I managed it that neatly to be honest! Underneath all the black images I stamped a star/ galaxy pattern from the Maniology & Kelli Marissa stamping plate in white stamping polish. While it adds something extra I do thing it makes the thumb nails a bit more Christmassy - it kind of looks like snow!

So overall I was pleased with these but couldn't keep them on for too long as I have various nail art ideas to squeeze in over the next few weeks! There are a couple of bonus pictures this time too as I wasn't sure which ones to use! Also much as a believe in getting Halloween (and my birthday) out of the way before getting Christmassy, I did kind of like having sneaky little Christmas nails on my thumbs, it was an accident I promise!
Colours used: Je Reviens - A England, The Scent Of Azaleas - A England, White Stamping Polish - Rainbow Connection, Black Stamping Polish - Rainbow Connection

2 comments: