Sunday 13 October 2019

Stamping Sunday: It's Raining In London

Hi all, hope you've had a lovely weekend! I am feeling very autumnal and have some weather appropriate nail art to share with you today. I wore this a week or so ago, and was heading into London for work, with a forecast for rain, so I thought this would fit. It's an idea I've had for some time based on the Scandi 01 & 03 plates from Mo You London with the Big Ben in the rain image, but I had even more options with the UberChic Forecasting Glam plate I got this year.

I started off with pale grey nail polish on two nails on each hand, and pale blue on the rest. For the cloud in the rain I used the layered stamping images, and for the Big Ben, London bus and umbrella images I created decals on my Uber Mat, you can see how here. On my middle finger and thumb nails I stamped cloud and raindrop images in white. I had to go over the clouds again on my middle finger  as they didn't come out very well. On my thumb nails I added the cuddle weather wording, which really appeals to me. Love a bit of cuddle weather once I've accepted that summer is over!

I finished off the look with a matte top coat to make the colours pop a bit better. I did end up smudging some of the wording a little as my matte top coat isn't the best. I was pleased with these overall but think the busses could have been neater, it's quite a tricky image to colour well! There is also one wonky Big Ben, I like to think it's dancing!
Colours used: Laguna - Barry M, Little Bo Peep - Rimmel, Red Hot Rio - OPI, Cappuccino - Barry M, Black Stamping Polish - Rainbow Connection, White Stamping Polish - Rainbow Connection

2 comments: