Sunday 29 March 2020

Aeronaut Nails

Hello again! I am a bit behind (again) and there really is no excuse now given I am home all the time! I am lucky enough to still be working though (from home) so I will use that as my excuse! This nail art is based on the film Aeronauts, which I watched with my friend Jess a few weeks ago. The film has a family connection as one of the main characters is based on a distant ancestor of my boyfriend!

So I used the Mother Nature 06 plate from Mo You London, which had been sitting untried in my collection for a while for the hot air balloons. I went for a red and gold theme as those were the main colours of the hot air balloon in the film. With hindsight I possibly should have stamped the balloons in gold as well but I still think it works. For the clouds I simply used white nail polish and a cotton bud to dab the nail polish onto my nails in cloud-like blobs! I added a gold flakie topper over the clouds, to represent a part in the film where they are in the sky surrounded by lots of butterflies. I finished the look with a matte top coat to make the colours pop. So there you have it! Feels good to be getting more spring like colours out for a change, even if I adore darker shades and glitters.
Colours used: Can't Find My Czechbook - OPI, White Stamping Polish - Rainbow Connection, Red Hot Rio - OPI, Gold Digger - Barry M, Karma - ILNP

2 comments: