Tuesday 31 March 2020

New Barry M Under the Sea

Just a quick one today to show a couple of new Barry M polishes I picked up a few weeks ago, before all the working from home and the subsequent lockdown! I think this was actually my last trip to any kind of shop besides a supermarket before all of that. I saw Barry M advertise these two new polishes on Instagram, so popped into Boots on my lunch break to pick them up. Annoyingly I missed that they were on 3 for 2, and the cashier didn't tell me either, so don't make the same mistake I did! I believe they are still on 3 for 2 now though of course you'd need to order them online.

SO, onto the polishes themselves, first up is Mermaid Tail, which is a gorgeous deep teal-ish metallic green. I have painted both of these colours over a pale pink, so it's pretty close to how they'd be over my natural nails. This one definitely builds up quicker and is less sheer than most of the other Under the Sea polishes, with only two to three coats needed.

The second polish is Underworld, a shimmery blue metallic. This one is more sheer like the other polishes in the collection, and I used four to five coats for the below look. You can of course use less coats and make it a shimmery topper over another colour. I like the formula for both of these and they have the now classic Barry M wide flat brush which in my opinion is perfect! Mermaid Tail is my favourite as it's such a strong colour, but I think they are a good pair, and would recommend :) Great names too!
Colours used: Mermaid Tail - Barry M, Underworld - Barry M

2 comments:

  1. These are gorgeous. I got the whole set, probably should start wearing and blogging. Actually bought a lot of Barry Ms last year! So many nice ones! :-D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you :) yes definitely do! Will be interesting to see what you think of them

    ReplyDelete