Thursday 27 August 2020

Seahorses in a pastel sea

Hey everyone, I'm back with the final prompt for the Dimension Nails Challenge August, this time it's seahorses. I have a couple of stamping plates with seahorse images and decided to go for Mo You London's Doodles 07 plate which has a whole host of pretty sea themed patterns and creatures. You'll see a few other creatures managed to sneak into this look!

For this look I started with a fluid nail art background. I went for pale pastel shades in order to make the images stand out as much as possible. Three Barry M shades and Dance Legend's white Spot It polish were used for the fluid nail art which was created on my Uber Mat (colours listed below the pictures). One of the Barry M's was kind of pearlescent but that didn't really show up that well in the end. Once the base pattern was applied and dry I stamped the images over the top in gold. It didn't show up that well to be honest, even though the background was pale I think there was too much going on, so I stamped over it in black which was much better. I can still see some gold shining through which I like.

Overall I'm happy with these though they are less subtle than what I was originally going for. I do think the fluid nail art came out quite well and it's good to get some practise.
Colours used: Strawberry Ice Cream - Barry M, Berry Ice Cream - Barry M, Butterflyfish - Barry M, Spot It White - Dance Legend, Foil Effect in Gold - Barry M, Black Stamping Polish - Rainbow Connection

2 comments:

  1. That looks amazing, I love what you have done with the base :-D

    ReplyDelete