Saturday 8 August 2020

Live Every Week Like It's Shark Week!

Hi all, and happy almost shark week! I haven't actually done shark week nail art before, and these images are the main reason I bought the new UberChic Just Beachy stamping plate, so when this came up as part of the Dimension Nails challenge on Instagram it seemed like the perfect time! I am having a month off from the Glam Nails Challenge prompts to focus on my growing nail art ideas list, but this Dimension Nails one only has four prompts so I think it's do-able, and I love the prompts! I am tempted to do two or three of the Glam Nails Challenge ones too but we shall see, clearly I am hooked!

I started this look with a peel off base due to the glitter, and then added aqua glitter (colours listed below pictures) on my thumb and little finger nails, and silver glitter on the rest. There was no advanced stamping on this occasion due to the handy layered images on the Just Beachy plate, so I stamped the images directly onto my nails, and on my middle finger I layered up some sheer blue over the sharks, before adding the image again at a different angle, and adding one more layer of blue. This was to give the illusion that there are more sharks swimming deeper in the water, and was something I have been super keen to do since I ordered this plate.

I was a bit all over the place with image directions for this one as you can probably see! Normally I stamp nail art images so that they're the right way up when I hold my hands upright, but this time I thought I'd give the other way a go. I started with my thumb nail and was actually meaning to do this one my normal way but forgot, I then completely forgot about which way up to do them for all my other nails except my index finger! For the middle two this was fine as the image can go either way, but I guess old habits die hard! You'll see the shark on my little finger is the opposite way up to the text! Anyway, Overall, I'm pretty pleased with these, and look forward to doing more shark nail art in the future :)
Colours used: Cosmic Girl - Danglefoot Polish, Catwalk Queen - Barry M, Flipper - Urban Outfitters, Black Stamping Polish - Rainbow Connection, White Stamping Polish - Rainbow Connection, Grey - Barry M, Acai Smoothie - Barry M

1 comment: