Tuesday 1 September 2020

Holo Taco Holodays Collection: Lazy Swatches

Hello all! I'm feeling sparkly on my blog today! I've been trying out the Holodays collection from Holo Taco, which were part of a large order (and my first!) from Holo Taco last month. The Holodays collection was released for Christmas 2019, and consists of five super sparkly holographic glitter polishes. I've tried them out one on each finger to start with so I could get a feel for them. I think they go well together which I do like in a nail polish collection!

I'm not going to go into detail on each shade as that's been done plenty of times now and it's not a new collection, so I'll just share my overall thoughts and some pictures. I do struggle to capture glitter polishes but I think these pictures have come out reasonably well considering. The top left one I took at the front of the holiday home we were staying in last week which is making me feel quite wistful!

So these polishes were as beautiful and sparkly as I expected! The dark blue is the least holographic and the lighter colours more so. Across the board silver holographic polishes do seem to be the sparkliest, my sister said this one was blinding her when we were out on a sunny walk! The thing I found most impressive about these is that despite being super glitter packed you can actually paint them on rather than sponge them. I think this is so much more convenient and satisfying to do as well. I've used three coats for the below pictures but I reckon the darker colours only need two. I was surprised how much I was drawn to the red as I normally lean towards blues. All of these are gorgeous though  and I can't choose a favourite!

I have some more Holo Taco polishes to try and weirdly so far the unicorn skin one I tried has impressed me the most, but that's probably because I wasn't expecting it to, I always new these Holoday ones were going to be spectacular!

2 comments: