Monday 28 September 2020

Midnight Leafy Nails

Hi everyone, hope you're having a good start to the week! The nail art I'm sharing today was inspired by Urban Nail Art on Instagram and YouTube. I saw this beautiful design on her Instagram and just had to try it! Didn't come out quite right for me but I think it can with some practise! 

I started with a base of white polish (colours listed below the pictures). Next I used a gradient sponge and using white, pink, purple and blue I made circles on the sponge, with white filling the middle. I dabbed some of this pattern onto each nail to create a gradient. Next up was some stamping. I used the Uber Chic Lovely Leaves 01 plate and some sheer black stamping polish for the leafy pattern. This didn't show up that well on all nails but it worked on some! I then used black stamping polish and the same image over the top but not directly over the other leaf print, to create a sort of shadowy effect. All of this was done using the tutorial on the Urban Nail Art YouTube channel.

I have mixed feelings about how this one came out! I do think it's pretty, but the gradient didn't come out well on all nails, and the sheer black I used was possibly a bit too sheer too! I think the thumb nail and middle finger nail came out best. Still, I do love the colours and the pattern is pretty too so it's not all bad!

Colours used: Floral Street - Nails Inc, Love & Liberty - Painted Polish, Acai Smoothie - Barry M, Lexington Gardens - Nails Inc, Coal - Fancy Gloss, Black Stamping Polish - Rainbow Connection

2 comments:

  1. OMG I love the colours in this :-D Amazing :-D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much :) Definitely check our the original, it's sooo good!

    ReplyDelete