Thursday 24 September 2020

Blue Marble Pond Nails

Hello world! Yet more kind of summery nail art to share today, I'm still clinging onto it a little as there are a few more looks I want to try before I move onto the autumn and Halloween looks. Todays look is something I've seen on pictures of professionally done nails, and tried to replicate using regular nail polish. It didn't come out how I had envisioned it so I didn't keep it on for that long. Coming back to the pictures now it's better than I remembered, I think it's OK it's own, it's just not what I was aiming for!

I started with a couple of layers of sheer blue polish (colours listed below pictures) and then added a layer of flakie topcoat, followed by two more layers and some more flakies. Once dry I used an image from Mo You London's Explorer 34 stamping plate and white stamping polish for the marble effect, followed by another layer of sheer blue. I then added some more marble effect pattern over the top in silver. Finally, I used a nail art brush and gold nail polish to frame the look in gold. I don't think I did this very evenly though which is the thing I like least about this look!

Overall I like the colours, and the pattern looks OK but it's just not as fabulous as I hoped it would look! The gold definitely lets it down but the flakies also aren't as visible as I had hoped. Maybe I can find a tutorial somewhere and try it again!

Colours used: Flipper - Urban Outfitters, Aurora Unicorn Skin - Holo Taco, White Stamping Polish - Rainbow Connection, Gold Digger - Barry M, Foil Effect in Silver - Barry M

2 comments: