Wednesday 2 September 2020

Nail Addicts Collab - Glitter Theme

Hi again! I'm back already as I have a bit of a nail art backlog due to being away last week. I was on the West Coast of Scotland out in the countryside and it was so peaceful and relaxing! I did this nail art just before we went, as part of the Nail Addicts Collab, for which the collage has now gone up on Instagram. The theme this month is glitter which is awesome, but was actually a lot harder than I thought as I have so many glitters to choose from! I decided to settle for this vertical gradient type look with a pattern down the middle, using most of the colours from the Fun Lacquer Valentines 2019 collection, and one other Fun Lacquer shade. Colours are listed below the pictures.

To create the look I sponged the glitter polishes on using a nail art sponge where I painted a line of each colour side by side. I started off going for gradients but then just went for more of a straight lines approach as the pattern would cover it anyway. I used a small nail art brush for the pattern in black, originally I was going for more of a jagged. spiky effect but it didn't really come out that way. I think I need a new go-to brush! Overall I quite like these but they weren't quite as sparkly as I'd hoped (with the exception of the gold), especially compared to the Holo Taco shades in my last post! I do also very much struggle to capture glitters on camera which doesn't help!
Colours used: Million Dollar Dream - Fun Lacquer, Crazy In Love - Fun Lacquer, Lucky Girl - Fun Lacquer, BFF - Fun Lacquer, Love Potion - Fun Lacquer, Precious Moment - Fun Lacquer, Lady In Black - OPI

2 comments: