Sunday 6 September 2020

Stamping Sunday: Nature Book Nails

Hi all and happy Sunday! Got some fairly basic nail art stamping to show you today but some I have been planning to do for a while. I got this stamping plate from Mo You London (Botanical 06) with images that look like the black and white drawings you find (or used to find I suppose!) in scientific books about plants and animals. I particularly like that it has the names next to some of them in tiny italics. For this look I went for a base of lightly specked polish from Cirque Colors (colours listed below the pictures) as I thought this would work well as part of the nature theme.

For the stamping I chose images largely at random, I did manage to squeeze in a bit of the wording too! I particularly like the bird and butterfly nails, the butterfly image is so crisp and the bird really does remind me of a nature book. I finished the look with a matte top coat for that bookish look. I like how these came out but I wonder of the black against blue is a bit too harsh, perhaps I should have stamped in grey? I'm not really sure but I suppose I wouldn't have got that lovely clear butterfly image if I'd used grey. Hope you like them!
Colours used: Robin - Cirque Colors, Black Stamping Polish - Rainbow Connection

2 comments: