Friday 6 August 2021

Blueberry Flowers

Hey everyone! The second Glam Nails Challenge prompt this month was blueberries and I've seen some gorgeous designs people have done for it! I was a little unsure what to do at first so was pleased when I discovered my Maniology Fruit Deco plate had a berry image I could use. I decided to go for an abstract sort of look with some pale colours so the blueberries would stand out. 

I started with a base of white (a challenge as my white nail polish is getting quite thick!) and then added a swipe of pale purple and pink nail polish on each nail. After that I used the blueberry image from the Fruit Deco plate on each nail. It's a layered stamping plate so I didn't need to create decals and could just layer up the colours. To finish off the look I used a dotting tool and gold nail polish to add a little extra detail on each nail.

I think the final look is very summery and reminds me of jam jars or some sort of  cottage core fruit packaging! Also looks kind of floral to me, hence the name of this blog post. I used a shiny top coat but might add a bit one just to see how it looks.

Colours used: Floral Street - Nails Inc, Strawberry Ice Cream - Barry M, Berry Ice Cream - Barry M, Black Stamping Polish - Dance Legend, Indigo - Barry M, Uptown Glamour - Nails Inc

1 comment: