Sunday 15 August 2021

It's Wine O'Clock!

Hey everyone, I hope you're enjoying your weekend! Today's Glam Nails Challenge prompt is grapes. I decided to use some images from Uber Chic's Bottoms Up plate, so it made sense to add a wine theme. It was a bit of a make it up as I go kind of look, and I was pleased to see the Bottoms Up plate has more wine themed images that I remembered (it has a variety of of different drinks).

I started with a base of off white and while this dried I created decals on my Uber Mat, you can see how here. I'm pleased with how well the images fit my nails and am enjoying the sparkle in the leaves and grapes. It took some deciding whether to do something more purple or red as I needed it to work for both the grapes and the wine bottle/glasses.

I'm really pleased with how these came out, with the exception of the smudging on the multiple wine glasses nail. Unfortunately I had a moment of madness where I totally forgot I needed to gently float the top coat over the image when making the decals! It's only noticeable close up though.

Colours used: Cream Soda - Barry M, Black Stamping Polish - Rainbow Connection, Ambrosia - Cirque Colors, Someday - ILNP, Bronze Bae - Barry M

2 comments: