Sunday 8 August 2021

Mushy McMushroom!

Hey everyone! Got some fun colourful nail art to share with you on this rainy day. The Nail Addicts Collab theme this month was 'when I grow up' (que Pussycat Dolls music). Those taking part created manicures based on something we wanted be be when growing up. Mine is a bit obscure! I had the usual actress phase I think many teenage girls have, but I also spent some time wanting to be a mycologist - a scientist who studies mushrooms - yes, really. Random as that may seem it was a great theme for my nails and I decided to do a neon skittle mushroom mani!

I started with a sheer pink base to give a bit of a negative space look, and then used a small nail art brush to add little semi circles on each nail using shades from Cirque Colors Vice 2019 collection. Once mostly dry I added little white stems with the same brush, and then used a dotting tool to add spots to each mushroom. Once dry I finished the look with a matte top coat.

I'm pretty pleased with how these came out. They're not perfect but I kind of like them that way! As you can see from the extra pictures at the bottom of this blog post I enjoyed having a little mushroom photo shoot with them when making a risotto!

Colours used: Bashful - Barry M, Floral Street - Nails Inc, Game Over, Vitamin D, Electric Daisy, High Roller, Miami-Dade, Rehab - All Cirque Colors

2 comments: