Wednesday 18 August 2021

Papaya Don't Preach

Hello nail enthusiasts! (and anybody else!) Today's Glam Nails Challenge prompt is Papaya - a great theme in my opinion. it's fun and a bit different. I knew when I saw this prompt that I had to do some nail art based on my lovely Chilly's water bottle. It's such a cute design and I love the colours, so I was pleased I have nail polishes which are a very good match!

I started with a base of Nails Inc's Baker Street - an absolute classic! I'm onto my second bottle now but haven't used it for ages so it was good to get it out again. While this was drying I created papaya decals on my Uber Mat, you can see how here. I Used the Tropical 07 stamping plate from Mo You London for the papaya image. It is the only papaya image I have and I think it's pretty good - certainly better than what I'd do freehand! Usually I use a dotting tool when creating decals, but for this one I used a small nail art brush to add the three colours of the papaya - green, yellow then orange (the shade I used is actually called Papaya which is very fitting!).

As you can see for the pictures I decided to pose with my water bottle. The last picture is with a shiny top coat and the rest are matte. I'm really pleased with these, I'm enjoying wearing them and they came out just as planned!

Colours used: Baker Street - Nails Inc, Black Stamping Polish - Dance Legend, Key Lime - Barry M, Yellow - Barry M, Papaya - Barry M

2 comments:

  1. It looks good. I think I prefer the matte :-D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you and I'm glad as that's what I stuck with in the end - matches the bottle better I think!

      Delete