Monday 16 November 2015

Barry M Party Season Colours: First Taste

As promised, my swatches/ reviews of Barry M's delicious new-ish party season polishes. I love them so much! These were given to me as a birthday present by my sister, and I'm very glad as I probably couldn't have found an excuse to get them otherwise!

So first up is Sparkling Amethyst, a lovely rich dark purple with a whole lot of shimmer. Both are somehow part way between a glitter and a shimmer, they don't quite have glitter chunks/pieces in them but they're a lot more sparkly than what I would normally call a shimmer polish. If that makes sense! This colour is perfect for the season, and the whole of autumn and winter, it's a lovely dark colour and catches the light just perfectly. Even better, it's a one coater! It comes out fairly thick but easy to paint with and covers evenly in one coat.


Next up is Sparkling Ruby, possibly my favourite, but that might just be because it's the one I wore second! This one is the ultimate Christmas polish, but still works for the rest of winter two. The classic red with an extra glamorousness to it. Again, it's packed with shimmer and catches the light beautifully. It's worth mentioning with both of these as well that they have the wide brush like the new Speedy polishes which makes application a dream. This one was also a one coater though very slightly less opaque that Sparkling Amethyst. I don't think there's much else I can say about these too, they are really beautiful and I love them! Barry M have done super well here.

No comments:

Post a Comment