Wednesday 2 November 2016

Autumnail

Good evening nail people! Technically here it's not really the evening, it's almost twenty past midnight!I'm not ussually up this late on a work night, but I think it must be a child like sense of excitement that's keeping me awake, as it's now technically my birthday! :D

Tonights design is not my birthday mani, but one that I wore last week while on holiday in Switzerland, and then Norfolk. I had such a wonderful time at both, and it felt so wonderfully autumnal in the Norfolk countryside! Crunchy leaves everywhere! There are some pictures on my Instagram (link top right). Needless to say these bring back fond memories.

To create this look I used the advanced stamping technique, using my Uber Mat. I started with a base of this new smoky purple shade from Barry M, Oasis. Then on my Uber Mat stamped on the mixed leaf design over some clear polish I'd applied earlier, On my index and ring fingers I stamped another leaf pattern directly onto my nails. I think they look a little like stars! One to keep in mind for Christmas. Both images used are from Born Pretty (BP - 19).

On the images on the Uber Mat I used a dotting tool to fill in the leaves with subtle  autumnal colours (listed below pictures). Once dry I applied another layer of clear polish, and let it dry. I then peeled the images gently off the mat, and applied them to my nail, cutting off any excess that I could. I went round the edges with a clean up brush and nail polish remover to tidy them up, and then applied a shiny top coat. Voila - cosy autumn nails!
Colours used: Oasis - Barry M, Gold Foil Effect - Barry M, Copper Mine - Barry M, LakoDom - Picture Polish, Wuthering Heights - A England

No comments:

Post a Comment